Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pasta and peanuts -- MMMMmmm good!

Happy Wednesday!!! How is everyone doing?! Hope your week is going fabulously!!! Last night was a BIG BIG night!! My mom, aunt, and I made an appearance at the BIG Iowa State Fair!! So much fun!! We ate lots of YUMMMY things!!! Pizza, corn dogs, salted nut rolls, cup-o-cookies, wine, and much more!! ALLLL so good! I love the Iowa State Fair!! I didn't take too many pictures tho... still trying to figure out how to use the new camera. Here is a shot of my mom and aunt! They REALLLLLY wanted to make a debut on the blog!!

We had a glass of wine or 2 at the Iowa Wine tent!! Enough about the fair..... I don't have any fun pictures to post so... not as much fun to type about.

This morning I was worried it was going to rain on me so I opted for the gym. I did 2 miles on the treadmill 6.0 at 5.0 incline!! What a FREAKING workout!!! And I did another 20 minutes on the elliptical. I was drenched when I was finished but felt great after all the junk food the night before.

For breakfast I had my usual.... Quaker Oat cereal and blueberries. Lunch was a quickie- banana and Activia mixed berry smoothie so by the time I was home I was pretty hungry!!! I decided to make some pasta tonight for dinner!!

Aaron was trying out the new camera.....
I cut up some tomatoes and mixed it with some salt, pepper, garlic salt, and fresh basil for my "sauce." I also steamed some broccoli to add some veggies in as well.

Here is Aaron's plate. He just wanted some pasta with "jar" sauce.
He topped his plate with some broccoli too. Gotta get the veggies in....
And... Here is my bowl!! It was actually WAY WAY too much pasta but I did pick through and eat most of the veggies!! I topped it with a little Parmesan cheese. It was soooo yummy! I think I've mentioned this before but I've been pretty obsessed with fresh tomatoes this summer ESPECIALLY the ones from my grandparents garden!!



AND for dessert.....

These might be my new favorite treats!! They really aren't that bad and ONLY 120 calories!!

I had to get my sweet treat in- DUH!!!

Aaron had a cup-o-cookie I brought him home last night and this salted nut roll!! Sooooooo good!!!!

I might have had a little bite too!! This was AMAZING!!! Gotta love the fair food! :)

Tonight after dinner we ran a few errands and then rented a movie-Obsessed. I'll let you know how it is.... so far not so hot! Glad it was only $1!!
I can't believe its dark out at 8:45!! Wasn't it just a few nights ago when it was light until like 9:30!!!????? Where did summer go?!?!!?! Does anyone else feel like summer just FLEW by?? Seriously??!! I am soooo not ready for it to be over! :(
Okay, enough complaining... Hope you all have a great night!!!!!! Talk to you soon! PS- We are LOVING our new camera!! Can't wait to take it to Italy with us!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment