Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hump Day needs to be celebreated with a glass of wine

Happy Hump Day/Evening Everyone!! How was your Wednesday? Sorry I've been MIA today... I had a really early morning CC and then my whole day was thrown off. SORRY! I woke up early to get a work out in before the CC. I did about a 3.5 mile run and then had to call in. I did a few sit ups and push ups while listening. During my call I grabbed some breakfast. I didn't get a picture of it this morning but, it wasn't exactly anything new. I had a banana, cereal, and blueberries. I LOVE this combo for my breakfast but, I talked with a friend of mine earlier this week who said she tried a GREEN Monster and now I am thinking I REALLLY need to join the club. May be this weekend...

So, I've talked to a TON of people today and earlier this week who have all said they are really tired this week. What do you think it is?? Something in the air may be??? I dunno... Wish I had a magic pill I could take and STOP the tiredness but, that doesn't exist. BUT I will say, I do feel better knowing that other people out there are feeling the same way.

Enough about me being tired..... LUNCH

I had a pretty busy morning but, managed to get home for lunch today. I made a quick salad and had an Activia Smoothie. I cut up a little bit of pepper jack cheese and had a TINY bit of turkey on it too. It was yummy!!!


This week I bought the mixed berry smoothie instead of just the strawberry one!! I think I like the mixed berry one better!! I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!! :)
So, all this afternoon ALL I could think about was how badly I wanted to go and sit outside tonight and have a glass of chard. So, I asked Aaron VERY sweetly if we could go to Gateway Market. He agreed a glass of wine sounded fabulous too but, when we drove up it was PACKED and there was NO way we were going to be able to find a seat so, we decided to go to Fire Creek
instead. Here is my glass of wine.
LOVE IT!!! I love Chardonnay!! LOVE IT!! Not to mention it was FREAKING beautiful outside tonight!! I didn't want to go home! So, we decided to have an appetizer for dinner.

We ordered the shrimp scampi. It was sooooooo good!!! And it was just enough for Aaron and I to share.


The bread they served it with was soooo yummy too! :) I love carbs!! Yes, I just said it!!! I love carbs! But, I just had one slice and Aaron had 2. I was very restricted.



For happy hour they had $4 martinis. So, After our appetizer Aaron wanted to try a martini. He tired the April Rain one and it was REALLLY yummy!!

I finished up my glass of wine and then we headed home.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE summer!! I am so sad to think that it is almost over. Sitting outside and enjoying the beautiful weather is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. What about you?? What are you favorite summer activities? Well.... I told myself I was going to try to research some places to stay while Aaron and I are in Rome tonight so... I am going to check it out!! Hope you all have a great night. Just think- the weekend is just a few more days away! THANK GOODNESS!! Hope you were able to get out and enjoy this amazing summer night! Talk to you tomorrow!! Night, night!






2 comments:

  1. Well I decided on a glass of riestling tognight with my sal-sal (salmon). That is my fav. white, yuuum! So where should we move so we can enjoy summer all year round?! Estero :) I am dreading winter... booo to winter. ~Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! Lets move to Mexico ASAP!! Still not sure why we live in the midwest. Did you grill your salmon?? How did you make it?

    ReplyDelete